Prepare your hair
A few tips to spoiling your hair and achieving healthy lush hair..
- Always condition your hair if it's prone to breakage. Conditioning is the best way to give your hair the nourishment it needs to stay strong.
- Use detangling spray and a wide-tooth comb on damp hair—wet hair is more delicate.
- If your hair is especially delicate, sleep on a satin pillowcase. Satin won't snag your hair or cause friction like cotton, which can rough up the cuticle of extremely fine hair.
- Try not to sleep with your hair tied back. Leave your hair down as often as possible at night to prevent breakage.
- Getting the right brush is key for frizz-free hair. Invest in a boar-bristle brush with a rubber base to smooth and straighten hair.
- For naturally stronger, healthier-looking hair, make sure you have a balanced diet. Your hair is a reflection of your inner health, so design your eating habits accordingly.
- Once a week, deep condition your hair to leave it ultra soft and super strong. Apply your usual conditioner all over damp hair and put hair in a shower cap or towel. Leave it on your hair for ten minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
- After shampooing and conditioning your hair, do a final rinse with cool water to seal the cuticle and leave hair looking extra shiny.