Miss Universe 2012 Olivia Culpo made a statement on the red carpet of the 89th Academy Awards with her slick but feminine hairstyle created by ghd Brand Ambassador Justine Marjan.
Olivia Culpo's look was inspired by the hairstyles seen on the Marchesa Fashion Show runway, particularly a hairstyle that featured a deep side part and separation around the face. "We wanted to balance the feminine glam of the dress with edgy and fashion forward hair."
1. Prep damp hair with TRESemmé Extra Hold Gel at the roots and use TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Shine Serum at the ends.
2. Create a deep side part then use the ghd air® hairdryer and a fine tooth comb to dry the the hair forward on the face.
3. Blow dry the rest of the hair straight using a smoothing brush.
4. Spray TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protect Spray and run the ghd platinum® styler through the hair from root to end.
5. Separate the back section of the hair from the front and gather the back section into a low pony with a smoothing brush that has been sprayed with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Hairspray then secure with an elastic.
6. Add the front sections to the back pony then secure with another elastic.
7. Add a ponytail hair extension piece then flat iron the length of the pony with the ghd platinum® styler.
8. Run TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Shine Serum through the length of the pony.
9. Wrap base of the pony with a velvet ribbon, then secure with a bobby pin and tuck ends in.
10. Spray toothbrush with the TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Hairspray and lightly brush the top to smooth any flyaways.
Get the Look with ghd platinum® styler and ghd air® hairdryer